Crop Health and Protection (CHAP) Ltd is one of four UK Agri-Tech Centres launched under BEIS supported by Innovate UK in 2015. As a unique, independent nexus between UK government, researchers and industry, CHAP builds innovation networks to identify and accelerate the development of cutting-edge solutions to drive transformative change in sustainable crop productivity. CHAP is seeking a Social Media Marketing Executive to support the growth within the business.
CHAP is seeking to grow its understanding, connections and partnerships across the sector. As part of the Innovation Team and reporting to the Innovation Director this role will be liaising with external stakeholders to write and source compelling technical content for the CHAP marketing channels from a network of contributors that you will help source and build. You will also provide technical support for the Innovation Team in the writing and delivery of successful research grants and projects. This role will work closely with the Strategic Marketing Manager in the Commercial Team to assist in delivering content for outreach and marketing objectives including events/workshops.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison between Innovation and Commercial to assist in the deliverance of key CHAP objectives.
- Proactively research and engage with the sector to understand current opportunities and challenges.
- Develop and manage a network of contributors who will help to keep CHAP up to date with the latest technical development and provide scientific relevant content for the CHAP website and other media channels.
- Work with the Innovation and Commercial Team to support the production and sourcing of technically accurate content.
- Provide technical support for the Innovation team as required.
- Support the writing and delivery of successful research grants and projects.
- Raise awareness of CHAP and its capabilities.
- Provide relevant documentation and reports internally.
- Produce briefing documents and presentations as required for colleagues, Board and wider audience.
- Assist with appropriate reporting to the Innovation, Operational, Commercial teams and Monitoring Officer as required.
Applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- A good honours degree in a science discipline (or equivalent experience)
- A MSc/PhD in a science discipline and/or experience of working within a relevant industry sector
- Experience and understanding of the academic research and development sector and or commercial technical research sector
- Experience of scientific content production or outreach activities
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholder – technical and non-technical
- Ability to build relationships with a range of organisations and people
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with an ability to engage with all stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of developing and maintaining networks
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both as a team member and on own initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
For more information or to apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com.